ABOUT SOHO POST OFFICE
Soho Post Office was created in January 2013 to address a need for a more flexible approach to staffing and services for a few specific clients. We have expanded our client base to offer services to a wider range of creative companies, providing technical, creative and administrative services to companies who need the expertise of a team on an on-demand basis.
- Workflow consultation
- Process consulting
- Systems design
- Systems integration
- Equipment procurement,
- Repair and systems troubleshooting
- Systems upgrades and preventative maintenance
- Rack elevations and signal flow documentation
- Offsite mail and web hosting
- Onsite and offsite backup management
- Spam filtering
- Asset tracking and lifecycle management
- Facility design, from equipment to lighting and furniture
We can offer a wide range of skill sets across a broad range of production experience. And if we don’t have the right fit on staff, we can probably refer to you someone who is.
- Long and short form video editing
- Project management
- Conceptualization and execution
- Motion graphics
- 3D design
- Effects generation
We work with Honeymix in NYC for audio mixing needs. With over twenty years of experience in the music, film, and commercial post industries, Eric and the team has worked on hundreds of national television and radio spots for clients such as Exxon, Jaguar, Dos Equis, Verizon and Pepsi among others.
- System specification and configuration
- Workflow analysis
- Recording, mixing and post-production
We can work with you to track down that perfect song to set your piece apart, or to find that unique clip to make sure that your B-roll looks as good as your A-roll.
- Sourcing footage, music, and when applicable securing licensees/permissions. Consultancies to determine when licenses are required. From creative direction to pitches to industrial, trade show, internet, broadcast, regional, global, social, radio…. the works.
- Simplify licensing process: negotiate coverage needed, advise on and secure additional clearances/permissions as required (publishing rights, talent rights, property releases, trade mark clearances etc). Obtain best rates, discuss possible additional terms/options upfront etc.
- Replacement services for footage and/or music that is unavailable or beyond budgetary parameters.
- Media management and archive consulting-you’ve got it, but how do you track it?
Having your operation work smoothly takes both experience and understanding. We start by talking to you to figure out just what your concerns are and what needs you are looking to address. Then we look at what you have in place and what your actual workflow is. After some intensive examination and research we’ll provide you with recommendations that reflect both the particular situation and our experience. Paying attention to this part will save an incredible amount of time and aggravation later so everyone will proud of the outcome.
We’ll draw up a high-level plan that will identify areas of need, and provide a framework to refer to when figuring out the overall plan of attack. By making sure we have an eye on where things are going to be one, two or five years down the road we can make sure we aren’t putting effort into short term solutions.
At this point we’ll work together to draw up a strategic plan that will detail both the remedies for the immediate emergencies and the long term work that will put you on a path to sustainable productivity. We’ll figure out schedules for purchasing, replacement, servicing and maintenance, while managing your available resources to get the most value from the assets already in place.
We aren’t finished when we install the equipment or work around a bug. We’ll keep you apprised of the progress we make all along the way, and we’ll make sure that we leave documentation that anyone could use to figure out what we’ve done. While we don’t plan on stepping in front of a bus, we want to make sure we’ve planned for it.